Increased operator efficiency by automating data entry
Accurate understanding of KPIs and identified areas for improvement
Increased OEE by 5%, and on track to achieve 70% the following year
Improved order accuracy, downtime usage and asset distribution
Optimised control of production processes
- Production struggled to meet customer/product demand.
- Output increasing, but Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) was decreasing.
- Challenged with process inefficiencies.
- Only 90% of production time accountable due to gaps in data stream.
- Replace their existing OEE solution
- Provide actionable insight into production losses and their root-causes.
- Enable changeover efficiencies to be measured and monitored.
- Remove errors caused by manual entry.
- Improve product quality through optimised SPC.
- Digitise quality checks and enable complete traceability.
- Expand their quality management system capabilities by enabling real-time verification of process results.
Continuous improvement journey
ITI Group helped WaterWipes to embark on a true continuous improvement journey.
In addition to solving all of WaterWipes’ challenges, ITI Group’s MES solution delivered Performance Management, Quality Management and Statistical Process Control, each of which offered a variety of benefits:
Automatic changeover efficiency monitoring to enable detailed analysis supporting SMED and standardised work improvements
Machine learning alarm codes and associated loss reasons resulting in reduced human intervention for time accounting
Business-wide OEE provided production teams with actionable insight and intelligence into line performance, whilst enabling them to meet their production goals
Test plan scheduling and adherence to coordinate and control the execution of quality processes and procedures within the plant
Real-time validation of quality check results to ensure product characteristics and criteria meet customer expectations
Built-in reaction plans to manage nonconforming products
Product and process data traceability to improve efficiencies and responsiveness to problems
Following the success of the project, ITI Group continued to work with the client to replace their existing maintenance and utility management solution, to further optimise operations.
ITI Group has also recently implemented an energy management solution at WaterWipes, which supported the client in achieving the ISO 50001 accreditation for energy management systems.
How we’ve helped other businesses like yours
Purity Soft Drinks Achieved Efficiency Improvements of 20%
Leading soft drinks manufacturer achieves OEE efficiency gains and data insight to drive continuous improvement from real-time OEE platform.
Spirit Energy Digital Transformation
After just one year of collaborating with ITI Group on their Digital Transformation programme, Spirit Energy are already seeing the benefits of a properly managed data solution.
Marks & Spencer Distribution Centre: Simulation for Facility Design
ITI Group used simulation to help Marks and Spencer plc (M&S) design its 900,000sq ft distribution centre in Leicestershire.
How can we help you?